"The Visit " - A Short Film

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Last Few Days in TechM...


"1-April-08 "
Believe Me... !! It was not the typical "April-Fool-Day" to me.

I had a tough decision to make. A really tough one !!!
A decision, to bid adieu to my 2 year association with the organisation.
I was moving-on to a new job, a job, which promised me with better career prospects.
The closeness I had developed with the organisation over the years and more so with my "friends" was on the likes of a closely-knit family. I would like to call them "friends" rather than just calling them fellow-colleagues. I find the former more appealing and close-to-heart. Me being part of "Josh" helped me to get quite a lot of acquaintances and some really good "friends" here !

My best days in Tech M were the "Josh-days". Those extra hours after work I put-in along with my Josh-mates to organise number of events, the annual days, the adventure-outings, the cultural activities etc etc etc.These were the most memorable and exciting days for me in TechM. Now, it would mean missing all of them. Bidding them good-bye was a tough job !!!

"08-04-08"
The D-Day had come. I received an e-mail saying that this would be my LWD in the organisation(Last Working Day). I decided to intimate the same to all my fellow-colleagues and "friends" in particular personally. Everybody were surprised with my decision. So was I.
Not with my decision but with my LWD. I know it had to come. But hadn't expected it to be so early !

All sorts of mails started pouring in. Right from "Miss-you", "all-the-best" to "How-can-you-do-it-?", "where-are-you-going-?" kind of mails. I got quite a few mails from my josh-mates saying how i had inspired them in joining Josh and stuff like that. My heart was heavy. Heavy with too many emotions to answer any of them.

As I was rushing around to get all the necessary exit-formalities pending, cleared, i could see a lot of hush-hush going around in the dept regarding my decision. But there was one particular incident which really made my day amidst all this high-tension drama. There was this one senior person in my Dept, a very soft-spoken one, who seldom used to talk with people. I too had, just a few handful of interactions with him, over my course of 2+ years stay in TechM.


Like most of the others, he too was "shocked" (as told by him) when he learnt about my decision. Over the years, he had silently observed all my doings in TechM, especially the ones that was through "Josh". He congratulated me for all that. He went on to say that i had an "enthusiasm that was infectious ! ". "The floor will go dry and will fall short of Josh henceforth", "Ab Josh may Hosh Nahi Hoga !". It was his sincere comment. I was speechless ! I was too emotional to say anything. I was still standing there in front of him, speechless, trying to compose myself ! I could sense my eyes getting filled up to the brim. With great humility, i begged his pardon and rushed away from his place, before a few drops of tears could roll down my cheeks...!

His words meant a lot to me. May be that was the best compliment i got.

At the end of the day, amidst the pain of separation, somewhere at the bottom of my heart i felt happy. Happy because, during my stay in the organisation, i realised that--
"I-Had-Made-A-Difference !!!"

No comments: